IPQ Unified Communications
Unified Communications (UC) are communications integrated to optimize business processes. UC integrates real-time communications such as instant messaging (IM), presence, video conferencing, data sharing, call control, speech recognition, and telephony with non-real-time communications such as voice-mail, e-mail, SMS, and fax. The goal of UC is to reduce communication response time.
A real world example of UC:
A user starts a video call on their computer, changes the call to a conference, then shares a presentation to collaborate with callers. The user can leverage presence and speech recognition to determine if the CIO is available to join in, carry on a private IM conversation relevant to the conference, and seamlessly transfer the conference call from the computer to a tablet and back, as mobility is required.
UC users expect the same quality of experience, regardless if they are on a desktop computer or a hand-held device.
IPQ from LiveQoS will help achieve this level of quality by:
- operating in a tiny CPU, memory, and storage footprint
- integrating seamlessly with your existing technologies
- optimizing data transmission over lossy wireless networks such as WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G, and 4G
- optimizing bandwidth usage by reducing retransmissions and lost packets using patented technology
- significantly reducing issues with video communication quality such as pixelization, freezing, and lost frames